Position Title: Sr. Data Analyst
Company Division: Employers Health Network, LLC (“EHN”)
Department: Reporting and Analytics
Position Type: Full-time/Exempt
Location: Dallas-based preferred, remote to be considered if not in Dallas area
Reports to: Director, Reporting and Analytics
HR Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sr. Data Analyst is responsible for data management, reporting and analytics. The role provides advanced analytical support for business operations in all or some of the following areas: medical and pharmacy claims, provider data, member data, clinical data, HEDIS, and external customer reporting. The Sr. Data Analyst is responsible for effectively communicating with internal staff and external customers/partners to create reports, document business requirements and conduct data validation.
The ideal candidate will be able to handle complex data projects and act as a subject matter expert for other Data Analysts. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to automate processes, continuously looks for improvement opportunities and streamlines processes.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Work and coordinate data exchanges with internal and external customers/partners
- Capture and document business requirements
- Implement and create reports, programs, and ETL schedules
- Provide detailed analysis of healthcare and member data, ensure high quality and on time delivery to internal and external partners/customers
- Monitor and maintain data exchange and automated processes
- Analyze data to provide routine tracking and ad hoc analysis of operational, financial, utilization and population health performance
- Oversee production report generation
- Manage ad hoc reporting requests/data reporting Inventory
- Create ad hoc reports and provide analytic findings while identifying and investigating outlier results
- Uses a story-telling approach to analysis and presentation of results, including effective use of data visualization
- Present results to internal and external stakeholders; effective delivery of the message to a variety of audiences
- Abide by all obligations under HIPAA related to Protected Health Information (PHI)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Healthcare data claims data analysis expertise
- Data visualization experience with Tableau or comparable BI tools
- Experience with data validation and quality checking processes
- Strong SQL programming, including the ability to create queries and procedures
- Working knowledge of SSIS and SSRS
- Expert in MS Excel (macros, pivot tables, graphs, scatter plots, etc.)
Supervisory responsibilities with this position including serving as a subject matter expert to other data analysts and ownership of internal analytic efforts.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, salaried position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with occasional after-hours or weekend duties.
Some occasional travel expected for this position.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Healthcare, Information Systems, Actuarial Analysis
- 5+ years of healthcare data analytics experience
- Graduate degree or additional certifications a plus
EHN provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EHN complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EHN expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EHN employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com